Best Staycation Ideas For Busy Moms
Best Staycation Ideas For Moms During Covid
Momming is a full time job with no “paid time off”, no holidays, etc. That’s why it is so important to make time for occasional breaks away from kids or momcation: a short vacation minus the kids. This pause in your normal day-to-day life is an important activity that all busy moms need to take advantage of.
Studies show that an occasional break from the norm of everyday activities can be very beneficial to good health and well being. The everyday activities of “mom duty” can be very stressful and so this break is very beneficial to yourself and your family, such as improving your relationship with your partner and allowing your family to become more independent. This little break allows you to take a breath, put the brakes on “mom duty” and pay closer attention to what you need.
Covid and the Staycation
However, with the current situation of COVID-19 being a global pandemic, trips have been canceled left and right and many people are staying inside for safety. And, being at home means more time with kids — not necessarily a bad thing, but it can get exhausting with all of that energy running around! But don’t let staying inside ruin your plans for a relaxing retreat and the getaway you deserve.
Plan a Staycation
If a Staycation is the only plausible vacation for you right now, now never fear we have a few ideas.
Here’s the list of things I aimed to do during my solo staycation:
- SLEEP IN
- SLEEP LATE
- Curl up in a cozy corner with a scented candle and a book undisturbed for an hour.
- Enjoy a favorite cup of gourmet coffee or chocolate with a scented candle and a book while curled up in your favorite nook
- Sit on the balcony and watch the sunset
- Order something special from a food delivery service to enjoy alone (have dad take the kids out for burgers and then to the park
- Binge watch a bunch of romcoms and TV shows my husband isn’t into
- Take a long bath with favorite scents and candles in a darkened bathroom
- Have a pina colada by the pool or out on the back deck
- Do some pages in an adult coloring book, crossword puzzles or whatever you fancy
- Did I mention SLEEP? Take an afternoon nap to wake up refreshed before starting dinner
- Have dad take the kids to the park for some me time alone
- If you are ambitious, darn your mask and go out for an hour long mani-pedi or a massage
Being stuck at home doesn’t have to be boring as long as you get a little inspired and creative. There are many ways that you can make the most of a mom staycation in the comfort and safety of your own home. Take your travel inside and plan something adventurous, productive or even just kick back and lounge.
From relaxing with a Netflix & Chill session, a DIY spa day, or even a creative painting section, there is something to do for every type of mom. Finding a staycation idea has never been so easy and fun!